Practical Help for Life's Challenges
We provide confidential telephone, internet and face-to-face access to a Master's-level clinician, wellness resources, legal and financial advice, and immediate help in times of crisis - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Our service providers have extensive experience providing behavioral health, substance abuse services and other assistance that increase the quality of work and life for the individuals we serve. For the price of a pair of designer jeans or a couple of video games, you can give your student these same resources for a year.
AffinityCare College Student Assistance Program™ (ASAP)
- 24-Hour Education Resource Line answered live by a master's-level clinicians.
- Unlimited Phone Consultation & Assessment on how to address a host of personal and behavioral health issues and concerns through a toll free phone number.
- Face-to-Face Counseling with a licensed network provider.
- Resource and Educational materials that address the student's specific needs.
- Legal/Financial Consultation-guidance and advice from qualified legal and financial professionals on topics ranging from traffic accidents to debt consolidation.
- Online and telephone WorkLife Services available for daily living issues.
- A host of Life Resources including recipes for the new cook, diet and exercise, car repair, pet care and much more.
- Risk Assessment and continued case management in cases of behavioral health and substance abuse, with follow up of students determined at risk.
While we're there to help with daily living issues such as handling the stress of their academic work load, or challenges with interpersonal relationships, AffinityCare also provides answers when the questions are more difficult, including mental health, substance abuse issues and threats of violence.
In an emergency or crisis situation, a Member Advocate responds immediately by stabilizing the caller, determining the appropriate level of care needed, and making appropriate referrals or facilitating a referral to one of our network providers within one hour of the initial call. All Member Advocates are trained for crisis calls, and remain on the line until the caller is safe.